Sunday 22 February 2015

screen printing

I love the process of screen print, how you can quickly create flat, clean shapes of colour and layer them up for different tones and interesting effects. These images show how I am thinking about composition on my scarves and how I could possibly create an exciting repeat print. I wanted to add more colour to the background of these prints, however when printing onto the dyed red and orange silk, the colours appear very dark, even though the discharge works extremely well on these bright dyed fabrics. I cut out a template of my blue tit print and printed a block colour as a background. this left a thin white line around the birds which I believe made them more outstanding and gives an edgy hand-printed look. I will continue to print block colours around my bird prints rather than dying the fabric darker colours, unless I am discharging bird silhouettes onto the fabric first, to then print back onto.

No comments:

Post a Comment